Monday, January 21, 2008

Testimonials

"Starting a training program at my age (54) was a little intimidating because I was not in great shape and had never lifted weights in my life (and it shows!). Ryan immediately put me at ease. What was particularly interesting was at our first meeting, I told him what I wanted to accomplish (increased upper body strength and improved cardiovascular endurance) and what I didn't need to work on (e.g., leg strength). He listened patiently and then told me what his plan for me was - and how it contradicted my plan in some areas. He did it in a way that convinced me it was in my best interest and in a tone that was not insulting or disrespectful. In retrospect, I can see now that his plan was absolutely correct. I have noticed that my strength has increased, I have improved joint flexibility, especially in my shoulders, and I no longer experience the lower back pain I used to feel almost daily. I have a better sense of well-being since I started working with Ryan. He is very encouraging and never makes me feel inferior to the well-built physical specimens who regularly use the exercise facility"

Mike Jay, Ph.D
Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences

No comments: