Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Needs vs. Wants

Many people want certain results from their training--arms like Cameron Diaz, for example--but in many cases what they need is postural makeover or improved movement patterns. Now all that sounds boring compared to Cameron's arms, even to a nerd like me!


Coaching comes into play because people cannot always "self-assess" very objectively. Even I have a difficult time observing what I need and therefore have other qualified coaches oversee my programs and diet to make sure it aligns with what I need. There can be harmony between your needs and wants in a single program, and an educated coach can provide that perfect blend. Let's say you want fat-loss; that goal can easily be achieved while "patching" up a few other problems you may have. Find a coach who has substantial knowledge and can help ensure you make continuous progress.

--
Ryan
e: ryan.patrick@yahoo.com

No comments: